STEP 3 Review the recommended hardware
Mounting with Old-Fashioned Heavy Duty Hinges (8292)
- 12” is the recommended length for this application.
- Flush mounting is the most common method of installation. The hinge is mounted directly onto the face of the gate and post. We recommend a minimum 1/4” space be maintained between the gate and post to allow for expansion of the wood in changing seasons.
Latching with Twisted Ring Latch – Flush Mount (4149)
- Operates from both sides, just like a door knob.
- Allows for either a left or right handed installation.
- Easy to install, requiring only a single 3/4” round hole.
- Intended for use on gates up to 5” thick (with standard key stock provided).
Locking with Vertical Keypad Lateral Action Combination Dead Bolt Lock (BL2605)
- Mechanical operation requires no power or batteries.
- Off door recoding is simple.
- Optional All-Weather Cover.
- Suitable for interior and exterior applications.
- Left- or right-hand installations.
Step 4 Select and download the plans, materials list and instructions
|New England Shed Plans|
Step 6 Purchase lumber and lay your gate out as shown on the plans
Step 7 Build your gate and install
Please note, plans can be used as supplied or you can modify to meet your specific requirements.
Snug Cottage Hardware would love to see what you’ve built! Please send us pictures when your project is complete.